Why we invest
Quite simply our investors are seeking to maximise their returns. We do this by nurturing, working with our investee companies providing the resource, focus, finance and the right introductions to enable them to energize their companies and steer them onto their next phase of growth.
Our returns are directly linked to the success of our investments.
Who we work with
We like to work with smaller ambitious companies and entrepreneurial management teams, providing additional resources, in the form of finance and strategic advice. Given we have a pretty open mind and a creative outlook; we’ve adopted a generalist and opportunistic approach to our investment strategy and work hard supporting our investments.
Our investment teams’ focus is sector wide UK opportunities with an enterprise value up to £50 million.
Investing in companies that have attractive positions in their (niche) markets and where the current owners are looking for liquidity or where capital is required to enhance further growth of the business.
Who we back
We enjoy working with enthusiastic, passionate and talented management teams, who have a real desire and aspiration to grow their business.
Typical investment characteristics:
- Cash generative companies
- Strong and ambitious management teams
- Established market positions
- Strong regional position capable of achieving rapid growth resulting in the development of a business with a national or international presence
We are also happy to work with turnaround opportunities where the business is capable of profit growth through implementing a strategy of operational improvements or stand to benefit from structural change within the industry they operate.
Types of funding
The key element is that each transaction and investment must work for all parties. We provide funding for:
- Management Buy-Outs
- Management Buy In
- Acquisition Finance
- Equity Release
- Restructuring Opportunities.
Why work with us
Given we have a pretty open mind and a creative outlook; we’ve adopted a generalist and opportunistic approach to our investment strategy and work hard supporting our investments.
- Straightforward experienced approach– We bring a wealth and depth of seasoned, investment experience; providing practical advice and expertise.
- Creative solutions– Sometimes our contribution might be providing financial advice, perhaps introducing creative funding opportunities in conjunction with other finance providers or assessment of potential acquisition targets.
- Reaching full potential– Following PHD Equity’s involvement, our investments each demonstrate growth and success. Having worked in industry and the world of finance the PHD team have wide range of experience and more importantly are able to open doors to create growth.
- Proactive involvement– The PHD team delight in “rolling-up” our sleeves and really enjoy working with the management teams. Delivering ideas, introductions and sometimes just experienced support during the differing lifecycles of the business.